Saturday, March 31, 2012

Do You Have a Memory Trick?

I used to have trouble remembering phone numbers, before I learned a trick that helps me every time. I discovered that I can remember phone numbers if I say them to myself out loud. For some reason, I can remember the sound of my voice saying the numbers. That's auditory learning, and I can use it for recalling lots of things, like names or dates.

I told this to a young friend who was trying to memorize the spelling of a tricky word, but she said she had a different trick that worked better for her.

She seems to have better luck by typing things on a computer screen. She said that she just needs to type the word and look at it and she'll remember the right spelling forever. Interesting! She remembers through tactile and visual learning tips.

We all have little tricks to help us remember. Do you have one to share? Please tell us!

Your trick may help other students conquer a challenging task.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment