Friday, May 4, 2012

Do You Use Your Cell Phone for Time Management?

When I meet with college students one-on-one, I tell them to bring every syllabus they have to the meeting, and then I have them write each due date or test date in a planner. More often than not, it seems, the students will pull out a cell phone and tap in the date.

I always say that I don't care what students use for time management, as long as they use something!

But I was surprised recently, at a workshop attended by college seniors, to find that the majority of them preferred an old fashioned paper planner as a time management tool. They said that they had learned over the years that the paper version was more personal and more reliable. "My cell phone dies," one said. "And that can be costly."

That made good sense. I know from my own family experience that teens and tweens tend to forget to charge phones. So maybe the cell phone is not the best tool for setting reminders, after all!

What do you think?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment